So last time I poked fun at taper madness was the last time I ran NYCM, 3 years ago…
And the last coupla days, I came up with my laundry list of Things to Freak Out About During the Last Week of the Taper.
- The weather for Sunday. Duh.
- Making sure I don’t catch whatever illness is going around at the office. Or wherever else, for that matter.
- Avoiding any and all soccer balls during my last workout at the track (just did some 200s tonite to get some turnover going without it being too much)
- Idiot bikers who don’t obey red lights and come close to hitting me
- The Occupy Wall Street peeps possibly “occupying” the marathon
- Injuring myself from running into idiots in Chelsea Market who have to stop short and take pictures of the disturbing Halloween displays
- Injuring myself from running into idiots in Time Square while walking to the subway
- MTA fails on race day
- Oh and last but not least…the weather! 😛
And yep, I think the Weather Channel was sick of my hitting refresh yesterday, as they decided to give me the forecast in Spanish!
OK back to taper madness! 😛