What better way to kick off taper madness than to play “guess my marathon time”? I have the poll in the sidebar this time…this will stay open til marathon morning!!
Again-realistic guesses please! 🙂 To help, here are the stats…
- First (and only) marathon-NYC 2006 in 3:58:26 (splits of 1:58:02/2:00:24.) Picture-perfect weather. Highest mileage week in training was 41, with 3 20-mile runs. Best shorter races that time were the Club Champs 5M (39:03) and the NYC Half (1:47:51).
- This time, topped out at a 47 mile week, with 6 weeks where my mileage was at least 40, and again, 3 20-milers. Races-this time around my best 5M time was 38:11 and best half time was 1:42:20, and ran a half (1:52:37) at hopeful MP.
- In terms of predictors for now…my Philly Distance Run time predicts 3:35:49-a bit ambitious considering how flat that half-marathon course was…
- My Club Champs 5M time predicts 3:44:37 (that race being hilly, hot and humid!)
- Again, one of the choices I feel is very unrealistic, but I felt I had to put it in anyway.
- Right now, the goal is loosely between 3:45 and 3:50
Vote early. But do not vote often-I once again fixed it so certain people won’t try and stuff the ballot box…you know who you are 😉
Thanks for playing!