another mishmash post!! sorry, just full of em these days 🙂
- UCLA kinda sorta broke my heart yesterday. And Kansas did give me a tiny but of a scare, but prevailed. If Kansas wins tomorrow nite, then I get 2nd place (and some $$$-actual amount TBD) in my office pool. I will be watching nervously while sipping on a pint of beer.
- Did my longest run in awhile yesterday, 10.1 miles (full 6, 2.5 mi bridle path, and 1 reservoir loop) and felt just fine-Philly I’m ready for ya (will sneak in one more beforehand though.) Was so nice out yesterday-shorts and short sleeve weather. Which of course crowded the park drives, bridle path-and especially the reservoir. No wonder each half-mile of the rez (which was the end of my run) got progressively faster-the last half-mile was at an 8:15 pace!-because I just wanted to get the heck away from the crowds so bad!! (I don’t intend to make a habit of doing that though.)
- The weather was the flip side today-chilly!! Good for those running the More marathon and half-yet a wee bit nippy for those volunteering, including yours truly. But did the water station thing for a coupla hours-this year got there early enough to see both the full and the half marathon runners!! And got in my volunteer requirement for next year’s NYCM guaranteed entry, yeah!! (now I just need to get in 7 more races this year…)
- And headed off to Yankee stadium after my volunteering stint (well, after I got some Starbucks to warm my hands up!) to watch my guys kick the crap out of the Devil Rays-I knew they would since I was there :-p Was a fun game, though a bit chilly. And oh man-the crowds were ridiculous when leaving!! Here’s hoping the new stadium will have more room to move…
- But I stopped by the Yankee clubhouse store yesterday because I didn’t want to wear my ARod shirt. While I was there-I was so glad to see that my team will never lose its sense of humor…