a bullet point list…
- Cigna has the crappiest.network.ever. It took me several tries to find a PT that accepted my insurance. Next year I think I will spring for the extra $5 per paycheck and get the PPO plan. But nevertheless, with the help of a co-worker, I did find a PT and my first appointment is Wednesday. Wish me luck.
- Maybe I needed to have someone tell me not to run for 2 weeks. The calf pain has definitely subsided, most likely because I’ve been a good little girl and stuck to cross-training. I do still feel tightness there though-which will hopefully be nipped in the bud with some PT.
- Surprise, surprise, yoga is actually a great workout. I have been hesitant to try it, as I have done Pilates before and that had just bored me to tears-and I expected yoga to be more of the same. I did a couple of hatha yoga classes at NYSC in the last few days and they are actually more intense than I thought-I definitely had to work at it!! But I think this and spinning will keep me sane while on the running DL and even off the DL too!
- On the topic of spinning, my Flyer teammate SW teaches a kick-ass spinning class. She subbed today for one of the classes i usually take and didn’t disappoint. Highly recommended!
- But even though I’m getting into this cross-training, I’m still feeling out of the loop socially. Yeah, I got a little envious hearing about a great “run to food” that happened this past weekend. I know there will be other runs…but still, just because I can’t run right now doesn’t mean I want to be antisocial…I can still do non-running things…I dunno. I’m tired of feeling left out.
- How great has this season of The Amazing Race been? I can’t wait for next week’s finale…GO TK and Rachel!! (yeah, I like the nice teams)
Now if you excuse me, I think I need to make a prayer to the snow gods for a snow day tomorrow…or at the very least, a delayed opening 🙂