2 things got rearranged today (albeit sorta planned)-my cubicle at work and my running week.
i was supposed to move my cube later this week, instead the office manager was barking that they wanted it done today (good thing i had already started friday…) was relatively painless. so my new location has it’s pros and cons:
- away from Dr. Insensitive-i love him and all, but he is damn loud. even my clients heard him from the other end of the phone line
- actually it’s more quiet in general. easier to focus.
- CSG who works for the sister company sitting a coupla cubes away (OK, not sure about the S, but definitely C.) but yeah-NOT going there. but never hurts to have some new faces around.
- faster, lower traffic elevator on this side of the office. no need to have to allocate 15 minutes per elevator trip.
- further away from the good coffee on the other side of the office. you know i need my coffee.
(actually, that’s the only thing I can think of for now.)
and in an attempt to “taper” for this Saturday’s 5-miler (and gotta love NYRR‘s description for this one-“We’ve circled the day in red on our calendar. Saturday, August 19, the city’s top running squads vie for bragging rights in the NYRR Team Championships 5M”) i’ve shifted around my running week a little…usually i have Mondays off, but I snuck in 5 miles today, and I think my other 2 running weekdays will be tomorrow, and Thursday early AM (that way i do sorta get 2 rest days-or 48 hours, whatever you call it.) My legs are just feeling dead from coming off a 34-mile week, the highest I’ve done in a long time, so I think I am going to skip speedwork tomorrow in favor of an easy run. Missing one week won’t hurt, if it means helping to get the legs back…
and my baby brother turns 27 today. wow-damn i feel old :-p