I decided my whole mishmash of hardware was looking kinda disorganized…no before picture, but here’s the after!
I had seen this idea on one of the running forums…so a quick trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond, and voila!! But man…for someone who has never run a marathon, I’ve really accumulated a lot in the last 2 years!!
- Finishers medals from the Mini 10K (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Finishers medals from the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff 5-miler (2004, 2005)
- Finisher medal from the 2005 Nike Run Hit Wonder 5M
- Finisher medal from a turkey trot I did on Long Island in 2004
- Finisher medal from the 2005 Vegas Half
- 6 team award medals from various NYRR races
- my “Rookie of the Year” medal from the Flyers awards gala in 2005
- a 1st-place age-group medal from a 5K I did in NJ back in Sept. ’04
- a 2nd-place age-group trophy from a 5K I did in NJ back in Oct. ’04 (actually was 3rd in my age group…but the 1st place girl in my age group was the 1st overall female, so that moved me up)
So there will be a spot saved in the center for the marathon medal…or I may decide to do something a little more creative with that…we shall see…
What does everyone else do with their finishers medals/other hardware that gets accumulated over time?
now playing: “jump” ~ madonna