yep, you know i’ve been under if i’ve abstained from blogging for a week. i’ll spare all the details, but some of the occurances and observations in the past week:
- the whole debate of “is the Great Lawn oval really .55 miles” that was discussed here was sorta put to rest-apparently I wasn’t the only curious Flyer after that workout, as the oval got measured by a wheel afterwards-apparently it’s between .51 and .52 miles…putting my pace for that workout at 7:50ish which sounds much more accurate. (i don’t think anyone really believed the .55 measurement…we would have all run 5K PRs, or close to it, if that were the case!)
- had a first date…the first one in a very long time where i did not want to slap the guy silly by the end of it. i’m taking it as a good sign….for now. i’m just waiting to be disappointed somehow. guys always seem to know how to do that.
- karaoke is addictive. though a few of us said were only gonna partake for an hour on friday nite, before we knew it, it was around 2:30 in the morning.
- and my lack of sleep sure came in handy on saturday-not. the flyers had a volunteer event in central park where we had 2 jobs-pulling up tulips and planting ivy. not surprisingly, we were better at the former…guess we’re better at destroying things 🙂
- and glad i bailed on doing the mother’s day 5k…an 8am race start just was not happening for me that morning. since i promised to take pictures, i did so, albeit late…i just barely made it in time to get pictures of our ladies passing by mile 13.
- mother’s day dinner with la familia. my mom loved her gifts from me and my brother. and had to listen once again to who the latest people younger than me that are getting engaged/married/pregnant. i debated on whether or not to say that i am looking for a sperm donor instead of a husband. just for kicks, just to get a reaction.
- dinner Sunday night was at a good Chinese restaurant in Queens (yeah, i had chinese twice in one week.) another amusing fortune cookie-this one saying “a distant relative will contact you soon.” my money is on the relative mentioned in this post…he’ll probably be calling to get back in our good graces.
- i’ve been pretty quiet about this season of Survivor, i know. Out of the final 4, I wanted Cirie to win it, but if she couldn’t, i was satisfied with Aras winning…hey, i’ll never complain about a young, cute guy taking the prize 🙂 Just glad it wasn’t Danielle (aka Jenna M redux) and that the Terry show was over-gawd, he reminded me of the male Steph (except Steph never won a thing!) Courtney and Shane weren’t quite bitter enough in their jury speeches.
- I had my a$$ handed to me on the 91st street hill this evening. the workout was continuously going up and down the hill for 20 minutes, then rest for 5, then go up and down for another 20 (but try and do more laps than the previous 20.) I called it quits after the first 20 minutes as my calf was giving me problems. no need causing more damage than absolutely necessary…
so that’s it for now. hopefully it wont take me another week to post again. maybe i’ll post a report after the Healthy Kidney 10K. or not. 🙂
now playing: “feel” ~ robbie williams