OK….here is where I give my running background. Might as well, considering this blog is supposed to be about running…
- High school-lazy bum, dreaded the weekly run in gym class and the annual mile run.
- College til mid-2003-my idea of running was the treadmill at the gym.
- June 2003-did the Corporate Challenge with my company and decided I actually liked running outside. did some more of it in the summer.
- September 2003-moved to the Upper West Side-apartment within stumbling distance of Central Park
- November 2003-saw the marathon hoopla in and around the park and decided I was gonna run it someday
- January 2004-joined the NYRR in an attempt to get my 9 races in for guaranteed entry for ’05. Scared off a little by the brutal NYC winter.
- April 2004-did my first NYRR race, the Niketown Run For the Parks 4-miler, in 35:56. Was thrilled to break a 9-minute pace.
- May 2004-broke an 8-minute pace in the 2.5 mile Downtown Dash. Joined the New York Flyers at the end of May.
- June 2004-In my first race as a Flyer, the NY Mini 10K-not only broke 50 minutes, but blew that away in 48:59. One week later, ran an even faster 5-miler (still my PR) and got my first team medal-sweet!!
- August 2004-ran my first half-marathon, the Manhattan Half, in 1:52:55. and all i wanted to do in the heat, hills and humidity was break 2 hours!!
- September-December 2004-great season, training runs were a breeze, won 2 team medals and 2 age-group awards (the AG awards in smaller NJ races), set PR’s at 5K (twice!), 4 miles and 10K.
- January 2005-smashed my half-marathon PR in Vegas
- February 2005-getting slower…in races and training…something isn’t right. does recovery from a hard half take that long? you’re out of shape, train harder, girl!!
- March 2005-so much for Brooklyn being an easy half. That didn’t feel good.
- April 2005-bombed both races that month…will spring ever come??
- May 2005-ok, did well in Queens. I think with spring on the way, a comeback may be in order…
- June 2005-why did I like summer so much again?? especially when it went from winter to summer overnight? and yay…looks like I got PF (plantar fasciitis) in my left foot. But I can’t take time off, I have a marathon to train for…
- July 2005-ok, this isn’t getting better. and I never thought I’d see the day when I’d run a 9-minute mile in a 5K.
- August 2005-OK, I’m biting the bullet and taking time off.
Which brings me to now…sidelined for a month trying to get over PF and a bit of overtraining-which pretty much explained the slump I was in during February-April (though I really thought it was something else-hating winter, recovery from Vegas, even boy troubles!) So I started to run again the beginning of this month-but looks like realistically, the NYC marathon is out and I will be making my marathon debut as a sub-masters in ’06.
And for reference, the PR list…current as of 9/20/09:
|1M||6:33||Fifth Avenue Mile-8/14/04|
|3M||22:50||AHA Wall Street Run-5/22/07|
|5K||22:25||Party With Purpose 5K-7/1/09|
|5M||36:49||NYRR Club Team Championships-8/8/09|
|Joe Kleinerman 10K-12/7/08
10k split of PDR 2009
|Colon Cancer 15K-3/12/06
15k split of PDR 2009
|Broad Street Run-5/4/08
10 mile split of PDR 2009
|Half-marathon (13.1M)||1:37:36||Philadelphia Distance Run-9/20/09|
|18M||2:38:25||NYC Marathon 18-mile Tuneup-10/8/06|
|Marathon (26.2M)||3:44:14||New York City Marathon-11/2/08|